This classic dish has half the fat of traditional versions, plus a probiotic kick! Our kefir potato salad will definitely be a hit at your next gathering!Servings: 6
- 1 ½ lbs. red potatoes (about 12 small)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp Lifeway
- 1 Tbsp stone ground mustard
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup chives, chopped fine
- ¼ cup chopped celery (1 stalk)
- Cover the potatoes in cold water and salt the water generously.
- Bring to a boil and let cook, uncovered for about 15 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain and let cool. Whisk together the mayonnaise, kefir, mustard, black pepper, and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- When the potatoes are cool enough to touch but still warm, slice them into ½-inch chunks and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Pour the dressing over the warm potatoes and stir to coat.
- Mix in the celery and chives and refrigerate for at least one hour or overnight.
- Before serving, season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Add more kefir if necessary or you desire a creamier texture.